Thursday 1 January 2015

Given that 2014 was a crap year for the most part, it seems appropriate that the blog had 666 entries on it...

Not at all planned, I swear it...

So, 2014, not a good year, between injuries, overwork, car crashes, family illnesses, family deaths, and in general a lack of really good things occurring (there were a few, but they were few and far between, whereas the bad things seemed to keep on stacking up), and it's not just me that's saying this, it does seem that a whole lot of my friends have had really bad years in 2014.

But this of course is a new year, and as I've been asked by a number of people in the last week, last year I did a million words, what am I going to do this year?

Not a million words again, I'll start there...

What I am going to do is work on putting the wrong things right, so I've got a list of things that I'm going to do this year...

Make all the conventions that I run or help run even better than they were last year.

365000 words sounds like a good target for the year, and compared with last year, it should be a breeze, but I've found that today, without a target, I had no drive to write, and that will not do...

Take Tiny Wife to awesome places and there revel in her happiness (Please everyone, make suggestions, I'm running out of awesome that doesn't require going to Panama...)

Continue to take great happiness for my son and his lady, to see them both so happy has brightened my life in ways I did not think possible...

Lose weight, but not strength, and I should quantify this, it's easy to lose weight if you want to, but in doing so, you often (Read: almost always) lose strength when you do, so I'm happy to take a slower rate of weight loss as long as my strength remains, because that's an integral part of me and it's going to take more effort to do it right and keep it right, but I believe I can do it, and so I will.

Begin a game similar to De Profundis, for which I need six people from anywhere in the world who are willing (and able) to write back once a month and have a need to stretch creative muscles. In return, I promise interesting things in the mail...

Publish Quest...

That last one particularly important, because it's been nearly ready for some time, and I've always shelved it because I've had to do so many other things and I couldn't give Quest the time and effort it needed to make it as awesome as it could be, but I want it out there now, I want to know if my vision is shared by anyone else, and so that's going to be one of the first things out there.

Be there for people, I was so busy last year that I didn't get to do the things I wanted to do and in some cases, I didn't get to do the things that other people wanted to do with me, so I'm going to spend time where I should, not just where I need to.

And last, there's a new convention in town (I know, I never learn), running in Sheffield in July, celebrating the enjoyment of the Long game, not just the short scenario, more details coming tomorrow, but you'll have to move fast on that one, because places are going to be going fast...

So a big Hi at 2015, here's hoping you'll beat 2014...

(Preferably with a stick...)