Thursday 2 October 2014

Adventures in Pogonotomy - Various Lush products...


The best girl in the world (that’d be my wife) recently got me a number of shaving goodies to try out, figured it was about time to put some of them to the test.  The first one in the list was Prince shaving cream, the second was the companion moisturiser to it, called Celestial.  The naming of them notwithstanding, because as with all Lush objects, it’s covered in various promotional writings and inspirational BS (such as “No Princess wants to be prickled by her Prince...” think they could have chosen better than that....), and doesn’t do much to tell you anything about the cream itself.

So, dipped in the brush and started trying to lather it up...

One tired arm later, I checked on the instructions again and found that it said to simply lather it on your face.  I suspect the word Lather to be the wrong one here...


Smear seems to be a better word, this stuff does not Lather at all, not in the way that we think of...

So, having smeared my face in the aforementioned, started shaving it off only to find that suddenly my Wilkinson blade was blunt and wouldn’t do anything.  Confused by this, I checked the razor to find that the blade was filled with the cream and the remnants of the hair it had sliced off before becoming clogged.  Unwilling to hack at my face with a fresh blade in the clip, I opened up the razor and cleaned the blade on both sides, then continued.

Half a minute later, opened up the razor, cleaned the blade on both sides, then continued...

Half a minute later, opened up the razor, cleaned the blade on both sides, then continued...

Rinse and repeat that statement a few times...

Finally, having got all the hair off (and not all that satisfactorily), went to the moisturiser and once again smeared it on, had to rub it in for a while to avoid leaving white lines all over my face...

Doesn’t feel so bad now, but there was definitely a moment of “I’m not sure about this...”

So, in summary, this stuff is probably great for cartridge razors and in fairness, that’s probably where it’s aimed at, but for those of us using real razors...?


Give it a miss...