Tuesday 13 May 2014

Day 133 - Today was the first time that I may have achieved what I set out to do - Required 365750, Achieved 365169

Today I was approached by someone who asked for my help on something. Never one to turn anyone down, I asked what it was, and they said that they wanted to know how I wrote things all the time.

I should point out that I am literally writing all the time, it's the only way I can keep up with the number of words I need to crank out, so when I'm on the phone on hold, I'm writing, when I'm watching TV, I'm writing, I simply don't stop.

So I explained how I do it (just don't stop) and why (because I want to) and said that if they wanted to write a story, just put it on the paper, don't check it for grammar, don't worry if it holds together, don't worry about the plot, don't worry about massive overuse of Comma's when you know better....

Just write...

Gave them my details and told them to check in if they needed a hand with anything.

But four and a half months in and someone came to me because they wanted to write, and because I'm writing all the time, they thought to do it too... I was so cheerful I could have wrote their story for them :)

But I won't, because then they wouldn't write, and that would be bad...

So here's me, writing still, World War Wolf finished today, let me know what you all thought of the ending, and now there's no more stories coming out to everyone pages every day, just an opinion piece and the daily count, unless you really want to be reading the stories that are still going to be written, in which case let me know and I'll include you in the group that can see them...

This is John Dodd, Two books down, three more (at least) to go, and Goodnight England, Wherever you are...